Stay Out Of Court Using Alternative Dispute Resolution

Divorces, child support, child custody, alimony … the list of family legal issues is quite long and can take months — sometimes years to get through the court system. Mediation is a great alternative to settle your family law matters and not only saves you time but is also less expensive and confidential. The knowledgeable attorneys in Concord are astute and ready to help you resolve your legal matters with mediation services.

What Is Mediation?

Mediation is a confidential and voluntary process where the parties meet with the mediator, a neutral third party, in an attempt to reach an out-of-court resolution of all their legal matters. The mediator acts as a neutral and assists the parties in settling their disputes by providing objective insight, relevant non-biased information and legal expertise.

Why Mediate?

Mediation allows the participants to negotiate an agreement that is uniquely suited to their needs and lifestyles. The mediation process is driven almost exclusively by the participants and provides not only a safe forum to address concerns and issues that, if not dealt with, could hinder the participants’ relationship in the future, but also allows the parties to draft an agreement that they can both live with, which will likely lead to a longer-lasting agreement and greatly reduce the need for potential court modification actions. Mediation is also typically much less expensive than litigation and fosters a more cooperative relationship between the parties.

Areas of mediation include:

  • Divorce
  • Separation
  • Child custody
  • Child support and alimony
  • Modification of existing agreements
  • Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements
  • Same-sex couples

Life is every changing. You, your ex-spouse or your children’s’ other parent can seek to change or modify prior judgments of the court for many different reasons. At the legal practice of the Mansur Law Group we offer highly skilled, detailed knowledge for clients on both sides of the aisle: those seeking modification and those hoping to minimize a modification to an existing support order.

If your ex-spouse or child’s parent is not following a court order you can file a complaint for contempt to seek enforcement of a temporary order issued during the pendency of an open case or a final order or judgment of the court. A complaint for contempt carries the possibility of an award of attorney’s fees to the prevailing party and should not be done without first consulting an attorney to make sure your circumstances fit the criteria for an award of contempt.

Contact A Concord Family Law Attorney To Get Started

Contact our Massachusetts law office, that focuses exclusively on divorce, child custody and family law. To arrange a date that’s convenient for you to discuss your circumstances, call or send in our pre-formed email.