Assistance For Modifications To Existing Court Orders

Life is ever-changing. You, your ex-spouse or your children’s other parent can seek to change prior judgements of the court for many different reasons for existing orders. At the legal practice of Mansur Law Group, we offer highly skilled, detailed knowledge for clients on both sides of the aisle: those seeking modifications and those hoping to minimize a modification to support.

Types Of Agreements and Support Modifications

We help clients in and around Concord seek modification for these and other prior judgements:

  • Child support
  • Spousal support/alimony
  • Child custody
  • Relocation
  • Removal of children
  • Parenting plans

We aim to protect you and your children’s rights, especially when a change impacts your child’s well being. Let us help seek your most favorable result with tenacious, knowledgeable representation.

Common Modification Terms

Two of the most common terms when dealing with modifications are:

  • Grounds for Modification — An action for modification can only be brought when there is a material and substantial change in circumstances. The standards for modifications are extremely fact-specific, and you should consult an attorney to decide whether your change in circumstances rises to the level of a modification.
  • Common Uses — Modifications are most commonly used when seeking a reduction, termination or an increase of alimony or child support payments, and when seeking changes in custody arrangements.

Circumstances That Allow Modifications

An existing child support or alimony/spousal support arrangment may be modified for several different reasons. Such circumstances may include:

  • Job loss
  • Salary or financial change
  • Relocation
  • A new marriage
  • Health issues
  • Parenting plan change

Whatever reason you or another party wants to make a change in a prior judgement, please seek the deep knowledge and guidance of an experience modifications attorney who knows Massachusettes law.

Filing A Complaint For Contempt

If your ex-spouse or child’s parent is not following a court order, you can file a complaint for contempt to seek enforcement of a temporary order issued during the pendency of an open case, a final order or a judgment of the court. A complaint for contempt carries the possibility of an award of attorney’s fees to the prevailing party and should not be done without first consulting an attorney to make sure your circumstances fit the criteria for an award of contempt.

Inquire About Changes With An Experienced Modifications Lawyer

Ensure your rights are protected if seeking or receiving a change in support payments or changes in other agreements. Phone the firm at or ask via this convenient contact email.